Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Monocle Hinoki and Laurel by Comme des Garcons


Until a certain moment I have never heard of Monocle to be very honest. I was also not aware about the two fragrances the magazine did have in collaboration with Comme des Garcons... . My boss aka the Big Guv'nor made me very curious about it as he was one day so enthusiastic about the "Hinoki" fragrance. So he had a good point to say that he sometimes knows good stuff that I am not aware of. That did hurt.... - 1/0 Boss versus me - so I went looking for all the information about the Monocle fragrances... .


Scent One: "Hinoki"
The inspiration for this fragrance comes from a perfectly still, slightly chilly spring morning spent soaking in a tub at the Tawaraya in Kyoto.
It pulls together the memory of the mosses and trees outdoors and sharp notes of the boxy, hinoki tub.
It is a very deep woody and slightly green fragrance which is extremely powerful yet still subtle.

Scent Two: "Laurel"
"We wanted to capture the same smell and sensation enjoyed while staying with friends in Batroun, Lebanon. It's warm, inviting and at times a little sharp - just like the country." says Monocle editor in chief Tyler Brûle.
It is an extremely green fragrance which has everlasting powers on the skin.


I had a meeting with Comme Des Garcons Parfums in Paris in September and now all the fragrances are available at YOUR.
That makes 1/20 Boss versus me! But hey, no hard feelings... I would not spend time and energy in a brand that I don't like myself and I like our Big Guv'nor! We both wear the Monocle fragrances now, so we both are extremely happy.

Check it out at YOUR Premium Store in Antwerp!


(don't forget to say HI to the Big Guv'nor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment