Monday, December 12, 2011

Mona di Orio - In Memoriam


Mona di Orio was born and raised in Franc eand grew up in Annecy. Her mother is Spanish and her father Italian. She graduated from Art School with a degree in Fine Arts and Literature, but she became the pupil of the famous perfumer Edmond Roudnitska from who she learned the fine art of perfuming.

Mona did suddenly pass away last Friday due to the complications of routine surgery.

She was a visionary perfumer and a very sensitive and wonderful woman. She left an incredible footprint in the history of perfuming with her incredible creations and passion.



Dear Mona, I will treasure your "Nuit Noire" forever, one of your creations that deeply moved me that I sometimes not even wore it because it was to moving... . You will be missed and I want to pass my deepest condolences to your family and friends.



Fragrance is a language that unites people and it so sad to have to say goodbye to you.
Wherever you are, I know you are in peace and watching over us... .

 Wim Janssens
Sunday 12 December 2011





No comments:

Post a Comment